Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Buy, Sell and Trade at The Closet!

These days, I am all about downsizing my belongings and paring down to only items I absolutely love. Working in this industry makes it pretty tough (i.e. impossible) to be a minimalist, and I'm embarrassed to say I've accumulated SO much over the years, that I've been forcing myself to purge whenever possible.

I usually sell my unwanted clothes and accessories at Wasteland or Crossroads, but just recently heard about The Closet Trading Company (locations in Santa Monica, Topanga, Santa Barbara and Agoura Hills) and decided to check it out today.




I walked into the Santa Monica location and decided to consign a few items of my own, and ended up trying on half of the store after taking a peek at what they had to offer.

 The prices were totally reasonable, and the labels were impressive (I spied a vintage Givenchy blouse, a gold lamé pencil skirt by Dolce & Gabbana, an adorable black lace top by Zimmermann and more) and decided on a chic silk dress by Haute Hippie (below) and an embellished top by 3.1 Phillip Lim to take home and call my own.



All in all, it was a successful shopping experience, indeed.
The staff was super helpful and friendly, and the vibe was perfectly relaxed. Be sure to browse through the racks at The Closet and let me know what  amazing secondhand finds you discover.
xo
Jenn

No comments: