Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Out in LA: Dining at Fig Santa Monica

It's not every day that I get out to the Westside, but when I do, some delicious food better be involved! I had the pleasure of sampling (okay, devouring) the new menu at Fig Restaurant in Santa Monica a few weeks ago, and it was out of this world! 

My dear friend from New York was in town and invited me out for a Friday night of impeccable plates and tasty (non-alcoholic for me) libations. 


Chef Yousef Ghalaini has masterfully created a tantalizing menu that's both comforting and exotic, and all around delicious. The menu is definitely Middle Eastern-inspired, with nearly everything cooked in their epic wood-burning oven. 




The highlight of the night was the piping hot pita "ballon" bread that came straight out of the oven and was served with a variety of spreads and dips. I would come back just for this!


Be sure to dine at Fig Santa Monica this summer--I promise you'll be pleased. 
xo
Jenn


No comments: