Tuesday, September 27, 2016

New Obsession: Bluemercury

This morning I stopped in to toast the brand new Bluemercury store on Larchmont, and had the best time checking out all of the incredible brands they stock. Being a beauty editor and expert for years, I have quite a bit of history and knowledge when it comes to almost every makeup, skincare and haircare brand on the market, but I was happy to discover a number of new items this morning that certainly piqued my interest.



I was delighted to discover Bluemercury's own private label brand, Lune +Aster, and can't wait to try out their Moonrise Glow & Contour palette, ther CC cream (with SPF 50!) and their RealGlow Primer. The ingredients in this line are gluten and paraben-free and also not tested on animals. That's what I like to hear!

Of course, I couldn't leave the store without doing a little shopping myself and picked up some new essentials to take me into fall. I snapped up some RMS Organic Beauty products including their cover up concealer, luminizer highlighter and cheek & lip stain (in Sacred, a poppy pinky red), a bottle of NARS eye makeup remover and Bumble & Bumble's dry finishing hair oil.



I also indulged in a mini facial with Kristen of Darphin Paris, and absolutely fell in LOVE with their flower nectar face oil! They have seven (count 'em, seven!) different oils, and after doing a thorough sniff test to see which one spoke to me, it was evident that the Flower Nectar oil (also the most expensive one!) was my perfect match. It smells heavenly. The entire product line is unbelievably gorgeous and I learned so much about each product that proved to be both luxe and effective, which is really all I want when it comes to skincare. I have officially added "get a Darphin Paris facial in Paris" on my beauty bucket list.



Adorable treats to celebrate the new store location! Blueberry cupcakes for breakfast? Don't mind if I do! 
Had the best time playing with products and catching up with my favorite beauty gals in town, like Emily Loftiss. 

Can't wait to test everything out and report back! Be sure to follow my Snapchat @TheJenniferChan for all of the action!

XO
Jenn

No comments: