Thursday, May 14, 2015

Love What I Do: Hosting for Macy’s with Nigel Barker for Asian Pacific American Heritage Month


 There are moments where I simply have to pinch myself that I’m truly living out my dreams in every respect. I’ve been working in fashion for over a decade now, slowly but surely making my mark and climbing up the ranks as an editor, style expert and host. 

This year in particular has already given me so many incredible opportunities, and I’m beyond blessed to do what I love in this industry. Hosting and doing on-camera opportunities are certainly my all-time favorite aspects of my career right now, and to me, there’s no better feeling than taking a stage and sharing my passion to the masses.

I have to admit, that every time I’m booked for a job, I hope it means we’re one step closer to diversifying the fashion and beauty industry. As an Asian in fashion, it means a lot to me to broaden the exposure of my race in this field, and I certainly hope to continue my influence and exposure as a style expert who doesn’t look like the standard prototype that you see in movies or media.


Just this week, I had the honor of flying out to New York City to host a big fabulous event featuring fashion photographer Nigel Barker at Macy’s Herald Square in honor of Asian Pacific American Heritage Month. 

Of course, Nigel has a tremendous following thanks to being a judge on “America’s Next Top Model” for 17 seasons, but he was also proudly touting his Sri Lankan heritage and new book, Models of Influence, as well. I joined him on stage and interviewed him in front of an audience, where we chatted about his upbringing, his robust fashion career, and even how to take the perfect selfie!













All in all, we had a blast, and I loved every second of this event!

Check out these fun photos from our NYC appearance, and be sure to snap a copy of his New York Times best-selling book this spring!

*And special thanks to my amazing stylist Tinka from the Macy's Herald Store "My Stylist" department for pulling this fabulous spring ensemble for me! 




Dress: BCBGMaxAzria
Shoes: Nine West
Jewelry: Vince Camuto (necklace) and Michael Kors (bracelet)
Makeup: Bobbi Brown Cosmetics


Also, be sure to follow me on Instagram @JenniferCChan to keep up to my date on all of my fun fashion and beauty moments throughout the day!

No comments: