Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Designing Duo

Want some celeb-designed jewels but don't want the same ole House of Harlow 1960 pieces that every gal in town owns? Check out JewelMint, from Kate Bosworth and her stylist Cher Coulter . (And FYI, I've dined with them both at a few fashion functions, and they are genuinely lovely and real-life friends.)

Now to be brutally honest, I've been holding off to check the site out for some time because I always have doubts when it comes to these sort of publicity things. I caved in today and am here to report my findings. First, you take a style profile quiz first so they can "get to know you" and recommend some pieces. So the quiz was kinda fun, but they couldn't have been more off about my style (expressive bohemian? Not really.) I even retook the questionnaire a few times to skew the results, but to no avail. Then I realized that their style of jewelry is very much 'expressive bohemian", so why in the world does it matter what my style is, if they can't really cater to it anyway?!

After quite some time, I found a few pieces (okay, two pieces. see below) that I would actually wear--the rest are far too funky for me. Which do you like better? I also kinda like that each pieces comes with a little story as to what is was inspired by through the eyes of Cher or Kate. Anyway, kudos to these two for launching a line at a palatable price point--just $29.99 each.



No comments: