I just limped back home tonight after standing in 4-inch Christian Dior slingback heels for nearly 5 hours at a black tie gala in Bel Air (more on that later.)
I wrongly hoped that my yet-to-be-broken-in Diors would be able to handle a long night out--but boy, was I wrong. The first two hours (standing on the red carpet) were fine, but after that, pain started shooting through the arches through to the ball of my foot. I winced through the pain (I was working, after all) and carried on through the event as elegantly as possible. When my friend suggested we hit the dance floor, I shook my head quickly, citing the shoes to blame. He looked quizzically at me. Everyone knows I love to dance, so this meant I was serious.
By the time we were shuttled back from the estate to valet, I could have sworn blood would have been bursting out of my feet (sorry to graphic, but it was literally that miserable.)
Now I'm at home cursing my designer heels and questioning just how many years I'll manage to endure this torture before I have to start seeing a podiatrist on a regular basis.
In the meantime, I'm thinking that I should consider purchasing a pair of Cole Haan's Nike Air designs.
Aurora Air Sling $325 at ColeHaan.com
They're not terrible looking, but $325 is still kinda steep for a pair of shoes that I'm not in l-o-v-e with. Although the promise of comfort after a night like this, knows no budgetary bounds.
I wonder if they actually work...
No comments:
Post a Comment