Monday, August 18, 2008

Currently Obsessed With...



High-Waisted Skirts and Maxi Dresses

I haven't missed a single Rachel Pally sample sale since I've moved back to L.A., and boy, am I thankful. New York trumps in all areas of major sample sales (how I miss the major savings and thrill of the chase at Manolo, DvF and more), for sure; but one thing the Big Apple doesn't have, is the Rachel Pally Warehouse!

I bravely went on the first day this time (usually I race in on the last day and pray that everything's gone so I won't be tempted) and I found myself shoulder to shoulder with dozens of jersey-lovin' casual California girls in downtown L.A.--and no wonder! The offerings at RP's sale are always plentiful--tons of colors, tons of styles, tons of sizes.

It's always a bit of a maddening frenzy, but I consistently walk away with an armful of wearable styles in the most luxe, stylish, comfy jersey knitwear you can find. L.A. is the capital of casual dressing, so Rachel Pally's pieces fit the bill all year round.

My sister found a ton of great new basics for the school year, and she even came back later in the weekend with a friend and picked up a few more finds.

I am actually now pals with Rachel and her adorable parents (who work just as hard stocking and selling as Miss Pally does designing the clothes); and am forever impressed with how many fantastic, ultra-flattering (yes, really!) looks she has come up with over the years.

This time around, I nabbed a few high-waisted skirts (pencil and bubble), versatile maxi dresses and strapless tops to mix and match.




A surefire sign that I shopped wisely? I've already worn nearly every new Rachel Pally piece at least once; and the sale was a mere three days ago.

Hurrah.

No comments: