Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Boot-ylicious!

If pressed, I would admit that the one thing I do enjoy about the fall/winter season is that I get to wear boots.

I've always been a bit of boot fanatic (when I was little, I used to stomp around in sassy red cowboy boots as much as I could possibly get away with), and after living in New York City, I quickly realized that boots aren't only super stylish--but they keep you warm, too. (Having always lived in warm climate regions before, I never really considered such benefits of footwear, natch.)

Anyway, it's no surprise that I'm always on the hunt for super cool boots to add to my sizable collection, and today I happened upon two casual chic pairs (in natural and black) on mega sale at LF Stores. (BTW, LF Stores is having their once-a-year sale with the whole store marked down 60% off! Check their site, www.lfstores.com for locations.)

Winnie Wedge Boot by 80/20



So here's the deal: These boots are uniquely made of lightweight canvas (does a boot get any more casual than that?) and have a fantastic hidden wedge for just the right amount of lift. (read: you look model-y and leggy, and everyone will think you were naturally blessed with great genes, even if you weren't.)

Even better? They are uber comfortable (yay!!!!) and undoubtedly cute. They kinda look amazingly great with shorts (FYI, many LA girls are already transitioning into fall with this fashion pairing); but I imagine I'll be pulling them on with jeans, leggings and skirts come fall.

Okay, I guess summer can end if it wants to...

No comments: