
I only dye my hair about twice a year, and I haven't strayed away from simple low-key dark tones that are pretty much close to my natural hair color. This time, I asked for a deep caramel, coppery brown base all over, and he sprinkled some sun-kissed highlights throughout for dimension.
A few hours later, I emerged with exactly that and I am pretty pleased. I'm still getting used to the color change (plus, he said the color will probably lighten in a few days after washing) and trying to assess what makeup colors I need to punch up or dial down to complete the look; but all in all, it was a success! I'm loving all of the sunny tones woven in my hair, but I'm thinking I may need to stop tanning (sad day, considering all of the recent swimwear purchases I've made lately), to avoid looking too washed out. Nelson tossed me his signature Brazilian hair masque as a gift, and I can't wait to deep condition later tonight.
And, just to road test the hair color, I went out last night and apparently received rave reviews. (i.e. I was approached by many many admiring men--granted, it was a gay bar, and all of the guys were of that orientation), but still; that's an even tougher crowd to gain approval from, yes?
No comments:
Post a Comment