Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Nail It

Here in L.A., perfectly-pedicured toes are a summer necessity. There was a lot of buzz a few months ago when Chanel opened its Robertson location, and with it came an exclusive nail polish collection boasting four bright rainbow shades, retailing at $25 a pop.


The polishes flew out of the store, and for a while there, I couldn't go anywhere without overhearing someone talking about their highly-coveted designer enamel.

Interestingly enough, Essie popped out a few identical shades for a fraction of the price at just $7 a bottle.


Either way, I have yet to jump on the bandwagon with the neon nail trend. While the yellow isn't terribly wearable (or flattering), I do think that L.A.'s new cult-favorite shade is purple. I've seen plenty of gals rockin' the regal shade this season, and when done correctly, is actually quite pretty.

OPI has a number of purple polishes that inspired me:





I'm a fan of lighter shades of lavender for a modern manicure. Keep the color sheer and the nails short, and you've nailed the look!

No comments: