Thursday, May 8, 2008

The Fabulous Life...



Today I lunched with many a high-powered Hollywood exec at the Sunset Tower Hotel for a special Women in Film-hosted event honoring actress Ginnifer Goodwin as the recipient of the MaxMara Face of the Future award.

Goodwin was utterly adorable (there's really no other word to describe her) and addressed the crowd with such charm and modesty. It was really refreshing, especially considering the number of uber-important people in the room. (read: Lauren Graham, Rose McGowan, Iris Grossman, Marilyn Heston, John Carrabino, Punch Hutton, Rose Apodaca, Jessica Paster, Glynis Costin, James Patrick Herman, Marc Malkin, Carlos Lopez and the like.) Rose limped in with a brace on her left leg, but carried on like it was no thing. Those starlets are soldiers, I kid you not.

All of the ladies were clad in MaxMara and looking impossibly chic. When I asked Goodwin about her take on fashion, she said sweetly (in an honest, slightly apathetic tone), “It’s kind of funny to me because I have always been the type to dress for me, pretty much. My choices are based on self-expression, and I never used to care what anyone thought of the clothes I wore. It’s a wonderful funny turn of events, I guess.”

Funny turn of events? Free MaxMara clothes, honey.
No time like the present to show an interest in fashion!

No comments: