Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Dear Fabulous File...

So, call me crazy, but I really don't want a diamond engagement ring. I'm unsettled by what it represents, how it contributes to a negatively capitalistic cycle and would have no peace of mind if I knew there was even an possibility of someone suffering just to put something shiny on my finger.
That being said, I'm looking for conflict-free, non-precious stone engagement ring options.
Any ideas?

-Cara
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Cara,

Kudos to you, citizen girl! This question threw me for a loop for a second, but I recently came across Dawes Design (www.dawes-design.com), a designer who is committed to using only recycled gold and conflict-free stones in his designs.




Best of all, the pieces are subtle, special and meaningful. Perfect for you!
(P.S. The second you get a ring on that pretty little finger of yours, I expect a phone call!)

No comments: