Sunday, November 13, 2016

My Beauty Essentials for Paris

Hi guys!
It's been a busy few days over here in France, and I've had the pleasure of traveling a bit around Europe, as well. I visited London and Amsterdam last week and had an amazing time in both unique cities that are vastly different from Paris.

Discovering all of the fabulous products at Space NK in London! I was in beauty heaven.

A lot of you have asked me what beauty products I packed for these three months while I'm abroad, so I wanted to share my favorites, plus a few new discoveries that are officially on my wish list now.
Here's what I currently can't live without:

1) Iles Formula Shampoo, Conditioner and Finishing Serum

I met celeb hairstylist Wendy Iles in LA a few weeks before I moved to Paris, and became hooked on her new line of haircare products, that have changed my hair for the better. They are simple and minimalistic (I think I admire the packaging daily while I'm in the shower), and keep my locks smooth and shiny, even in this cold, windy weather.

2) Urban Skin RX Cleansing Bar


I was introduced to this line at Cosmoprof this summer, and immediately fell for this product because it's effective and efficiently packaged. I love that a face cleanser is in the form of a solid and the little sponge is genius for creating a lather on my face, so I always feel like every ounce of makeup and debris is completely removed from my face before I go to bed each night. The compact packaging is PERFECT for travel and it lasts forever, so I couldn't have asked for a better solution.

3) Thank You Farmer Miracle Age Serum

I was sent this Korean anti-aging brightening serum from Beautibi.com right before I left the U.S., so I tossed it in my luggage and hoped for the best without really knowing if I would like it. I'm happy to report that it feels great on the skin and sinks right in upon application. It has the perfect consistency for layering under moisturizers and makeup, and often times, I'll just use it on its own before going to bed (but only because my skin is low maintenace like that.)

4) SprinJene Black Seed Oil Toothpaste


Maybe it's from being Kourtney Kardashian's editor over the last year, but I've made a conscious effort to transition a lot of my beauty products into natural, organic ones, including my toothpaste. SprinJene is officially my FAVORITE toothpaste because it's wonderfully refreshing and makes your entire mouth feel amazing (really!) after you brush, and it's vegan, gluten-free and kosher that's free of harsh abrasives that can wear your teeth enamel down. I brought full-size and travel-size SprinJene toothpastes to get me through my time in Europe and love brushing with this product. I'm hooked!

5) No. 4 Mighty Hairspray

When it comes to hairspray, I can be pretty picky. I curl my hair almost every day, so I need a product that will hold my curls without weighing them down or adding any sticky, crunchiness to the final effect. I absolutely love this hairspray, and even the small travel-sized can can last me a few months, which is great, because I only brought one here! The whole haircare line is actually quite fantastic, and their mini sizes are a terrific value because they really do last a while and have served me well.

6) Tarteist Contour Palette



Like many of you, I was a diehard addict of Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Palette, and I had already gone through two full palettes in the last year. I was having anxiety at the thought of it running out again while I was living in Paris, so I needed to find another option to bring as back-up. The Tarteist Contour palette quickly took over as my new go-to because it also comes with a flattering rosy pink blush, as well as all of the other essential shades I need to finish my face, so I've been toting this guy around all over Europe.

7) NARS Velvet Lip Glide

I don't own these gorgeous lip glides (yet!), but they're probably at the top of my beauty wish list right now. They feel fantastic on and the colors are absolutely perfect for this time of year. I am newly embracing darker berry-red shades while in Paris, and I recently fell in love with their "Unspeakable" shade. DYING FOR IT. But truthfully, they're all so good. There's a shade for everyone, I promise.

8) Acqua Di Parma Peonia Nobile Fragrance 

The latest scent from Acqua di Parma is fittingly inspired by my favorite flower ever, so I had a strong feeling I just might love this one. I was right. It's beautiful and feminine without being too flowery, and a little sexy, too. And of course, that iconic packaging...just so beautiful!


9) Juliette Has a Gun "Mmmm" Fragrance


This French line is hard to come across in the U.S., and I actually forgot about it after I went through a bottle of their "Not a Perfume" scent a few years ago and couldn't replace it. I loved that scent, by the way, it was so unusually beautiful, and I even had one guy follow me out of an elevator one time to ask me what I was wearing because it's one of those rare fragrances that just draws people in.
I just discovered their new "Mmmm" scent this month in Paris, and I like it so much better because the warm notes of vanilla and neroli really speak to me. Sweet and a little sexy, mmmm, indeed!
I will be bringing this one back to L.A. for sure.

'Til next time!
xx Jenn

No comments: