Thursday, July 2, 2015

Orange County Getaway: Hotel Irvine Has It All!

Living in LA, I often find myself hankering for an Orange County getaway, whether it's just for the day, or for a full relaxing weekend. Even though I am a true city girl, no one can deny that OC has amazing beaches, terrific shopping and dining options and a much more relaxed vibe that I wholeheartedly embrace just as often as I can find time to get myself down there.

So when I knew I would be hosting my best friend's bridal shower in Laguna Beach last weekend, I decided to make an excursion out of it by booking a stay at the Hotel Irvine for two splendid nights to make life that much easier. I had heard great things about this recently renovated property (it used to by a traditional Hyatt Regency) and couldn't wait to see what all the fuss was about.

Besides its fantastic location, right in the heart of OC, Hotel Irvine is bursting with fun and excitement for locals and tourists alike. I arrived on a Friday night and the colorful and energetic lobby was filled with guests eager to kick off the weekend.


A rare quiet moment in the lobby of Hotel Irvine!
Now this is what I call a relaxing getaway!
What a lovely greeting upon checking in! Cheese plate, cookies and a special note from the general manager.

We saw several lively weddings taking place on the grounds throughout the weekend, which speaks to its vast size, fantastic accommodations for large groups and comfortable amenities for anyone stopping in, whether it be for a few hours or a few nights to unwind. It goes without saying that this is one friendly and fun venue that knows how to host an event!



The staff was unbelievably friendly and helpful, and I found myself having personal conversations with several staff members over the weekend, as if we were old friends! You can't beat personable clientele when it comes to a guest's experience at any property.

Beyond that, Hotel Irvine offers a fabulous swimming pool and hot tub area, complete with a ping pong table and cabanas to make the most of your stay; plus a sleek fitness center and even an outdoor basketball court to keep you active around the clock.

Need more incentive to book a stay? How about free bike rentals, pet-friendly rooms and an incredibly hip and convenient texting service so you can request anything (extra towels, room service, valet, etc.) without ever having to call anyone! Ah-mazing!

I should also add that the hotel serves complimentary breakfast daily and is also offering a few fun summer movie nights to add some lively entertainment outdoors, as well. As if I needed another reason to come back!

Elevator selfie! Don't mind if I do! :)

Comfy cabanas and plenty of OC sunshine. 

Waiting for valet in a floral maxi dress from ModCloth.

Taking a dip!


As for the food, I can promise you won't go hungry here! We had the pleasure of dining at EATS, the hotel's restaurant and enjoyed delicious sharable plates like their famous steamed pork belly buns, fried chicken and biscuits (with Sriracha butter to enhance the flavors!), brown sugar banana bread and more. Even though OC has tons of incredibly dining options, EATS is right up there, and you won't have to drive anywhere for a delicious meal. Two thumbs up in my book!


Kale Sprouts!

Steamed Pork Belly Buns

Mouth-watering delicious Fried Chicken & Biscuits

There's always room for dessert...especially when brown sugar and bananas are involved.

EATS restaurant at Hotel Irvine

Oh yes, and there's also the 24/7 Marketplace, a grab-and-go one-stop-shop bursting with snacks, desserts, beverages and more--all priced very reasonably. This was probably my favorite feature at Hotel Irvine--such a smart concept that guests definitely appreciated!

I passed by The Marketplace several times at all hours of the day and night during my stay, and it's safe to say, this concept was definitely a big draw for guests looking for a quick bite or refreshing nightcap. There's a full alcohol fridge and an ice cream freezer, plus gourmet options of all kinds (popcorn, cookies, farmer's market delights, and more) and vegetarian or vegan options, too!

Hotel Irvine's Marketplace = GENIUS.





Gourmet snacks for the ride back home? Don't mind if I do!

Grab & Go! Now this is a brilliant addition to the hotel.


Another exciting draw of Hotel Irvine had to be the vibrant Red Bar and Lounge, where I relaxed in the evening and enjoyed the lively crowd and fun music! Whoever said Orange County was boring certainly has yet to stop into this recently renovated night spot.

Red Bar and Lounge at Hotel Irvine

Oh hey there, Red Bar and Lounge. 

All in all, Hotel Irvine surpassed my wildest expectations, and I'd highly recommend this affordable spot for anyone looking to enjoy all that Orange County has to offer! It's comfortable and accommodating, and absolutely convenient to everything.

Check it out this summer!

Rejuvenated after a fabulous weekend at Hotel Irvine. Thanks for having me!

To book a stay, or for more information, visit:

www.HotelIrvine.com
17900 Jamboree Road
Irvine, CA
Phone: (866) 396-4201

No comments: