Friday, July 30, 2010

Beauty Junkie: Smitten with Stila

I have to confess: things are suddenly getting a lot more serious between a certain beauty brand and me. Let me explain.

Now I've had a long-term relationship of sorts with Stila Cosmetics for well over a decade. Sure, I dabbled with their smudge pots and glosses, and even flirted around with their shimmery eye shadows, but it was always just for fun. I admit it's never been heart-pounding infatuation, or even close to lust. But nonetheless, Stila has always been on my radar and it's always treated me well...but never anything to write home about, so to speak.

That was, until I laid eyes on a few of its newest releases: the smudge stick waterproof eyeliner, the custom color blush and the all-day waterproof liquid eyeliner.





I think I'm in love.

No, seriously. These products are perfection, and I don't just toss terms like that around loosely.

Both of the eyeliners give me a fabulously long-lasting cat eye that stays on all day (I even went to the pool today and had no traces of smudging!) The ink pen gives a precise deep black line that dramatizes eyes like no other (my other lifelong favorite is from CARGO, but is no longer available at Sephora, so I've been on the hunt for an adequate replacement.) The smudge stick surprised me with its performance, as well, and comes in a handful of fun colors. My pick? Purple tang.

And lastly, the blush is beyond. I realize it looks slightly gaudy in bright fuchsia, but trust me when I say this pH-based powder magically adapts to your skin tone and looks phenomenal. Truly the perfect blush--I can't get enough!

Get your Stila stash at Sephora.

No comments: