Thursday, September 25, 2008

Beauty Junkie

Confession time.

So, you don't even want to know how many lip glosses I've got crammed inside of my vanity drawer (and elsewhere.) I think it's safe to say I've somehow amassed well over 100, easily. It'd be too embarrassing to count, so I just won't. ;)

Funny thing is, I have a hard time throwing any of them out, I always convince myself that I can always blend one too-red shade with another too-beige shade and voila!--create the perfect new color. I've even saved the exact same tube of lip gloss from my high school prom night many, many moons ago (it was NARS gloss in Babe, FYI) for sentimental reasons (not to mention it's a pretty bangin' color.)

So the cycle goes, and suddenly I've collected and archived every gloss that ever crossed my path, in literally every shade of the rainbow so I can experiment with colors, textures, formulas (plumping, long-lasting, shine-enhancing and more) til my little lip gloss-obsessed heart desires.

Enter the new Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Polish from Bare Escentuals.



It packs a slight tingle with a sheer, wearable color that isn't too sticky, but somehow really lasts. Lips look fuller and healthier, and outright gorgeous. I've worn it everyday this week--which certainly isn't to say that next week I could easily be won over by some other contender, but for now, I'd say this one is a winner.

No comments: