Friday, August 8, 2008

L'Oreal Lightens Up

Okay since every other fashion/beauty site is murmuring about the L'Oreal ads featuring a clearly paler version of Beyonce, I feel like I have to post as well.



It seems quite obvious that the songbird was Photoshopped, despite L'Oreal's denial of any such act. Frankly, I don't think it's that big of a deal that they've tweaked the image (after all, what ad isn't tweaked in some way?); but they should at least admit it was a shotty job and either correct it (although that would stir things up even more) or move on.

It's no secret that among the women of color in Hollywood, Beyonce is on the lighter side, (which may be reason why she's landed beauty accounts to begin with, but that's another story), so I still don't see what all of the fuss is about. I don't think this is really a racism case, like everyone is getting up in arms over. It's not like they were trying to trick us all into believing that Beyonce was actually Caucasian, ya know? It's simply a poor color correcting job. Girlfriend looks washed out, if anything--and that should never be the case, no matter your race.

Amen.

No comments: