Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Dear Fabulous File...

I'm attending the premiere of House Bunny tomorrow night in Westwood and have no idea what to wear! I'm told that it's not too dressy, but there's an after-party at the Playboy Mansion that I should account for. Any ideas?

-Jen


Dear Jen,

Sounds like a pretty sweet Wednesday night to me! This movie isn't too serious, so honor that energy and have fun with your outfit!

I would probably steer away from a cocktail dress (looks like you're trying a bit too hard), and opt for a sassy tulip-shaped mini skirt with a more demure top to balance out your look. A shorter skirt instantly dresses up your look (and bares just enough skin so you fit in at a Playboy party, if you wind up going), but keeps the class factor in check with a smart-looking fashion-forward blouse.

Here are some inspirational ideas:

Myne Pocket Tank $220 at PinkMascara.com


or

Yoana B. Silk Top, $259 at ShopHarmonyLane.com


or

Madison Marcus Citron Yellow Blouse $146 at Singer22.com


or

Alice + Olivia Beaded Racerback Tank $185 at Singer22.com


or


LaRok Sisli Top $156 at PinkMascara.com



...tucked into...

Plastic Island Mini Skirt $55 at Shop Intuition



...paired with...

Steve Madden Demy Heel $149 at SteveMadden.com


or

Steve Madden Maddiee Heel $109.95

No comments: