Thursday, June 26, 2008

I Heart JPH

Tonight I spent my evening at the private residence (think: gorgeous Hollywood chateau nestled up in the Hollywood Hills) of Kyle MacLachlan (i.e. Trey from Sex and the City) to toast Glamour's new senior west coast editor (and my old InStyle colleague) James Patrick Herman.



JPH was our veteran party hopper at InStyle and and is now loving life out here in LaLa Land. I am thrillllled for his new position at Glamour, and best of all, I love seeing him out here at literally every fashion event in town. Not to gush, but it's easy to see why celebs are at ease with him, and why he does what he does; after all he's charming, funny, likeable and downright fabulous.

Per usual, we chatted about our new-found west coast adventures in the fashion/entertainment/celebrity/publishing circuit, and I LOVED what he had to say about our field:

"I was always insulted when people thought party reporting was easy. It's like, you know what, it's tough work! It's like war reporting. It's not easy. It's looking cute, and being fabulous, getting the story, chasing after celebrities and turning everything in on deadline! It's the opposite of easy!"

Word.

No comments: